Friday, April 29, 2011

A little compassion

Tonight after a full day of watching coverage of the Royal Wedding - what a fairy tale!! My daughter Bailey who is 9 and my son Quinton who is 11 found ourselves watching Dateline's coverage of the Tornado that whipped through Alabama. We were shocked at the devastation.

I asked my daughter if she would be willing to help me put together a box of goods to send. Bailey is my child who is always making cards and gifts for people- my super thoughtful child. She promptly went and got a box to begin filling. I read them a list of thing that would be good to send. Both kids headed to their rooms and came out with a few items that were in good shape: hats, belts, boxer shorts, t-shirts and a wind breaker jacket.

We then went upstairs to my drawer of travel items. Last year we stayed in many a hotel and I always take the comp toiletries! We went through my new storage area with lots of free or almost free items!

This is what we managed to grab:


 I was surprised we were able to fit all that stuff in those three boxes! The kids also decided to send a portion of their money in their savings, I told them that I would match whatever they decided to send. Both kids said it felt pretty good to be able to help. I hope that this is just the beginning of the help we can give!

This is where we are sending our goods:
http://www.couponingtodisney.com/2011/04/29/how-to-help-tornado-victims-in-alabama-via-an-online-donation-drive-update/

No comments:

Post a Comment