Monday, April 25, 2011

a change of heart

I was pretty sure I was going to give up on blogging. I was positive this just wasn't for me. Life is too busy. Life is too complicated. But I really need an outlet, especially these days. So here I go, prepare yourself.

We moved my step-son here with his pregnant girlfriend March 1st.  We didn't realize that she had a bench warrant for her arrest. She acted like she wanted to take care of it.  19 days of living here and then she went to her moms for Spring Break and was supposed to turn herself in, get bailed out and then we would help her with her fine. She never came back, nor has she taken care of her issues. My step-son moved back to Utah on the 9th of this month. They are living with his mom who is okay with them not taking care of these issues, which is why they moved here in the first place! It was an emotional month. I know that with them living there I don't have much chance of being any part of this babies life.

It is nice however to have my house back to ourselves. My kids seem to have gone through their emotional roller coaster - the one they always go through when their brother moves here - life is turned upside down - brother moves away - etc...

Two weeks ago our business partner came home and decided he didn't like the way I was running the business and fired me. seeing as how we both own the same amount of the company - I am pretty sure he can't fire me. However I am pretty much ready for a break and so now I am home with conflicting emotions. I miss my job. It is our bread and butter and not taking a paycheck is painful. Being home is weird.

I am not sure if it the weather or all the changes but I am a bit of a wreck. Finding motivation is like looking for a four leaf clover in a field of green. Don't get me wrong I have gotten a few projects done and I am pleased with the progress I am making but some days it is really hard to get on with life.

Today was one of those days. It was windy,cold, rainy and hailed too. I had all day. I could have gotten a lot done. I did not.

Tomorrow is another day and I vow to make it a good one. I have been trying to eat good. I have been exercising 3 times a week, dropped my caloric intake to 1300 calories...stopped drinking alcohol and soda. Haven't lost an ounce! I thought I would lose a pound or two just from switching from soda to water. Nope. Nada. NOT ONE OUNCE!! ahhhhh!

Tomorrow I will post some photos of a project my husband helped me with last night.I couldn't have done it without him.

If you have read this far, you need to get a life~! j/k! But seriously thanks for reading my drama! I will try and make it up to you with some better posts in the future!

I feel better.

1 comment:

  1. MUFFIN!! I'm so sorry things have been craptastic. Everything happens for a reason, although that doesn't necessarily take away the natural desire to take hostages. LOL. Just know that if it comes to that I'll A. Drive the getaway vehicle or B. Provide an alibi. Whichever you need most. That is, after all, what friends are for right? LOVAYOU!!!

    ReplyDelete