Friday, June 3, 2011

That Dirty "M" word

MOVING - ugh I thought we were done. We seriously had decided to stay in this house  (insert little boy from the movie The Sandlot) FOR EV ER. My oldest is 7 years away from 18, Bailey is only two years behind that. We wanted to travel and be able to have the freedom to do what we please, when we please, and we could do that in this house.

We are just now coming to the conclusion that this was never our house, wish we would have come to that conclusion before we put a crap load of money into our "rental."  I do hope my "mother" just saying that word makes me throw up in my mouth a little, enjoys all the upgrades to this house. Of course I don't think she will because I don't see how she can pay the mortgage payment without a J.O.B.

On the up side we have found a beautiful NEW construction home- bigger mortgage, less projects, I am all for it. After going through the receipts of all the projects, upkeep on this house - sod, sprinklers, construction, concrete, fencing, etc, we could pretty much double our mortgage payment. The new house has it all and more.

So for now - I am stressing, packing, cleaning, organizing, stressing some more, getting ready for a HUGE yard sale and stressing some more.
The kids are both wrecks. They will be going to new schools in a new much larger town. I am trying to be as patient as possible. I honestly think this will be a great change. I think it will be easier for me to make the changes that I have been wanting to make in my life. I know that my kids will be fine and I wouldn't consider making this move if I didn't.

I am going to focus on the positive:
* NEW house
*3 bedroom 2 full bath (in working order)
*3 car garage
* Fully fenced, mature lawn, auto sprinklers
*pantry, linen closet, coat closet-three things that this house lacks that I would LOVE!
* house has a country feel, while still being in a sub-division meaning it has a paved street, sidewalks, etc
* larger city with more than one grocery store, that stays open later than 8pm!
*PIZZA DELIVERY!! to my DOOR! awesomeness!

I am hoping to move at the end of July giving me plenty of time to get packed, move, unpack and get settled before the kids start their new school on August 17th.
My courage for the week:

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment